2002 GTX VTec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robaincltnc

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I'm considering purchasing a used 2002 GTX Vtec. The ski looks immaculate and only has 60 hours. I think the lady who owns it has had it sitting up for a long time. I'm supposed to see it on Saturday. I've checked various dealers and they said wholesale is around 2k and retail around 3k...but there really isn't a delineation + for low hours..can you guys help me with something fair to offer and finally max to pay? She is pretty firm at $3k. Comes with trailer too! Thanks so much!!

The bigger issue should be what the compression numbers are. I strongly suggest that you do not buy ANY ski that you intend to ride prior to repair without doing a compression test. It should be followed by at least a 30 minute ride. These two things will tell you more than anything else. Compression would be considered perfect at 150 PSI, 120 is the bottom end, at 120 you will be doing some sort of engine work in the near future.

Thank you! Assuming this one has great compression what is a value?

Base model, 130 engine GTX, (Original cost) $8,199 Low retail - $2,310 Average retail - $2,590
GTX, 4-tec, 155 engine. (Original cost) $9,499 Low Retail - $2,560 Average Retail - $2,880
GTX 4-tec Deluxe, (Original cost) $9,899 Low Retail - $2,710 Average Retail - $3,040
These prices are from NADA and based on using an Ohio zip code...

Base model, 130 engine GTX, (Original cost) $8,199 Low retail - $2,310 Average retail - $2,590
GTX, 4-tec, 155 engine. (Original cost) $9,499 Low Retail - $2,560 Average Retail - $2,880
GTX 4-tec Deluxe, (Original cost) $9,899 Low Retail - $2,710 Average Retail - $3,040
These prices are from NADA and based on using an Ohio zip code...

Do these figures generally include the trailer and cover? Is there any premium for low hours? I've seen bunches online w much more hours for 1-2k more. Thanks.

Do these figures generally include the trailer and cover? Is there any premium for low hours? I've seen bunches online w much more hours for 1-2k more. Thanks.

I figured nothing extra if any kind. Just the ski itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I didn't buy the ski above as when I test drove NONE of the electronics worked...tach, speedomer, digital hour meeting etc...must have been a fuse...it had just come back from mechanic who blew out fuel lines..it ran great but no electronics. it had 133 hours NOT the 60 hours that I must have dreamed. Additionally, the speedometer had condensation in it and i know that would drive me crazy and prob not good for the speedomter. They are going to send back to fix and call me when done. Plus, they cannot find the trailer title.

In then meantime I have found another ski...this one is blue, 130 hours, comes with trailer and some accessories like ski vests. The owner will sell it to me for 3k and mentioned that within the last 10 hours has replaced the entire pump! And is using this as a selling point. My question to you, is this a selling point? Is the fact that it needed to be rebuilt indicative of a problem with this ski or is this normal wear an tear and this owner simply went ahead and fixed a problem that may have happened. He says it run great and is only selling due to his kids to old to enjoy the ski.

Please let me know thoughts as I would like to consider this ski but wanted to feel good.

Thank you!

if there was condensation in the lcd, it probably wasn't a fuse. it needs a new lcd.

a new pump probably really isn't a new pump, just an impeller and a wear ring that he most likely was overcharged for and not much of a selling point. pump rebuilds are fairly common and necessary every so often anyway.

for us to say whether it's a good deal, we have to know year and model and condition but nada is a good place to start for values.

Thanks. It's another 2002 gtx 4tec. 130 hours and trailer. Only prob it's 2 hours away. And yes, just a rebuild that he says cost him $600. Asked 3500 said he would take 3000. Which s retail for ski. Not sure what the value of trailer would be.

that's a decent deal if it is clean and in good condition. good used single trailers are worth about $300-$400 depending on age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back