2002 gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomfrmnh

Was browsing CL and saw a 2002 GTX DI local to me. Says it needs a new top end to run. Looks to be in good condition comes with a trailer asking $1100. Wondering what the thoughts are on this engine and whether it would be worth making an offer and trying to rebuild? Not sure whats wrong with me, just bought a Merc powered challenger to tinker with and now after joining here i have the bug. Someone talk some sense into me.

2 stroke top ends are easy and cheap. My guess is, it needs more,, If that was all it needs, he would likely had done the job to increase the value of the ski. You MUST buy a non-running ski as though it needs a COMPLETE engine. If you look at it any other way, you will be very sorry in the end.

That said, even with a trailer I feel $1100 it to much for a non-running ski. You need to look at it as though you were going to strip it. If that is the case, what would you get out of it....

I agree probably needs more. Trying to see what a rebuilt engine would cost. How was this ski and engine on I in general? Anyone have one? Like it or dislike it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back