2002 gtx di ecu

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I don't want to fry my mpem's so I'm thinking a battery disconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple but effective, some are quite fancy rotary flush or surface mounted four positions for dual batteries or just a simple knife switch might be the ticket for your purposes. I'm sure the forum would love to see your clever solution for this upgrade.

On mine, after I rotate my battery switch to off position and simply plug the tender into a 12v cigarette lighter style power outlet at the helm. This outlet is connected directly to the battery terminals and fused at the battery using a 15A fuse with the proper gauge wire. This 12v power outlet serves double duty as a handy battery tender port and can also be used for powering other toys such as 100 Watt spotlight or innertube air pump, etc..

I just ordered an MPEM from eBay last week. The seller had very good ratings so I'm hoping I found a basically honest person who was selling a good and tested product. My ski has been at the repair shop for quite some time now. Basically since last summer. I had no knowledge of what I was getting when I got my 2002 GTX DI. Like I have said before it was on the same trailer as the RXT that I bought and was not running so the guy basically gave it to me when I got the RXT. I thought I'd have a running ski for little more than the price of a remanufactured engine. Wow what a lesson this has been for me. Anyway, an SBT engine, a reworked prop, new motor mounts, a "hopefully good" used MPEM, and probably a few other things I have forgotten about I could have almost bought a base model 4 stroke ski new. The MPEM just got shipped to my repair shop on Friday so the guy hasn't tried to put it in yet. I'm crossing my fingers that we finally get it right. I'm in too deep to get out now. Hopefully I will get a few years of reliable service from it once it is all done. Have any of you owned a GTX DI? What was your experience? How is the performance and fuel economy when the skis are running correctly?

I've had 2 of the exact model you have and had them for about 2 years before I moved up to 4 tec's. The only issues I had was the rectifier (which I replaced one
just after I bought it - before I learned about the 4-tec stronger ones), and keeping a good battery charged. It seems the DI's had 3 issues - rectifiers, weak
batteries and fuel pump failing and being costly to replace (I actually thought ahead and bought an actual OEM pump off a member here and had it on stand-by but never needed it).

Long story short, other than the rectifier on the one, they were great machines. Never any issues starting and the fuel economy is excellent (not Spark-like but you know...). Versus
my 04 185 SC machine the gas mileage is probably 30-40% (Just guessing) better! How do I know? My riding buddy bought my last DI and I ride beside him (when I'm not filling up)...

If you can finally get the bugs out you'll love the machine. If you want a stand-by fuel pump let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back