2002 GTX DI Crank but no start.after being flooded.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled every thing apart quick once home no water in anything. Plugs are black starts with passion with starting fluid then quits right away.

Can still hear fuel pump whine

Need to find out why it won’t stay running. What does the maint light say?
If it fires up but won’t stay running then there is something wrong most probably with the fuel system.
Next need to find where the water leak is coming from otherwise you will just do this over again.

Need to find out why it won’t stay running. What does the maint light say?
If it fires up but won’t stay running then there is something wrong most probably with the fuel system.
Next need to find where the water leak is coming from otherwise you will just do this over again.
I think it's the fuel rail. There is no fuel in the cylinder when I pull the plugs.

Edit: when starting there is the initial whine from the pump, crank, light firing (not enough to turn over) and I can hear clicking in the fuel injector/rail (uned to calling them rails I do not know if the term applies to this). But no maint light when it does not fire up, maint light only came up on the lake so far.

The leak sounds like it's in the rear. But as I said yesterday it was not leaking when I ran the system from the hose. The leak is somewhere above 1/3 of the hull in the far rear

Last edited:
From your descriptions I think you have several things going on.
This is what I would do if I were you with limited resources.
1. Pull the fuel pump out of the tank. Clean really good and replace the two internal filters as they are more than likely restricting fuel flow. Airtex 220 and Airtex242 they can be purchased at most any auto parts store.
2. Replace the canister fuel filter on the fuel line going to the fuel rail. I personally cut out the very expensive canister filter and replace with a WIX33095 metal filter and two stainless steel hose clamps.
3. Doesn’t matter if the maintenance light comes on only at lake, you ski is throwing a code and you need to figure out what it is. Underneath the red maint light will scroll across telling you what it is. From there we need to figure out what system is being affected. One is Example: “12 volt low.”
4. Once you figure out what it throwing the code, that will need to be repaired. My guess is a bad rectifier.
5. Lastly once the ski is running you need to get a mirror or something to figure out exactly where the water leak is coming from and get it repaired.
Good Luck.

From your descriptions I think you have several things going on.
This is what I would do if I were you with limited resources.
1. Pull the fuel pump out of the tank. Clean really good and replace the two internal filters as they are more than likely restricting fuel flow. Airtex 220 and Airtex242 they can be purchased at most any auto parts store.
2. Replace the canister fuel filter on the fuel line going to the fuel rail. I personally cut out the very expensive canister filter and replace with a WIX33095 metal filter and two stainless steel hose clamps.
3. Doesn’t matter if the maintenance light comes on only at lake, you ski is throwing a code and you need to figure out what it is. Underneath the red maint light will scroll across telling you what it is. From there we need to figure out what system is being affected. One is Example: “12 volt low.”
4. Once you figure out what it throwing the code, that will need to be repaired. My guess is a bad rectifier.
5. Lastly once the ski is running you need to get a mirror or something to figure out exactly where the water leak is coming from and get it repaired.
Good Luck.
1. 2.Okay I'll get on that.
3. I know I said that because I havent been able to get it to throw it again it only said maint required, the cando pro is somthing I'll have to look into getting eventually.
4. I have replaced the rectifier last year, I'm not doubting it can go bad again just inputting the last time I changed it.
5. Okay, I found a hose with a partially broken seal that may have been the hose leaking but I do not think it is the main leak.

Did a small test to see if it was maybe injectors before spending all day pulling the pump.

1. With plugs pulled after attempted start there was not fluid thrown out in drowned mode.
2. With plugs pulled not in drowned mode the front hole squirts out fuel but the rear does not.

Had some time to work on it last 2 weekends. Pulled the gas out and put fresh gas in and got it to start and run fine on it's own then on the hose it ran fine, no leaks when running on the hose.

Ran off of a suspicion on somthing being knocked loose and checked steering components. Steering fins seemed to look off from how they normally look. Had my father back the ski into the water with the tractor off to listen for the leak, the fight sealed tube was gushing in water. Currently working on pulling it out to see if it needs to me replaced or if it just came loose.

Diagram I am working off of:
https://www.seadoopartshouse.com/oemparts/a/sea/500d7afff870020908258134/off-power-assisted-steering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back