2002 gtx 4_tech cluster gage removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobR

0_20200125_140947.jpgI bought a 2002 GTX Bombardier. I need to remove the cluster gage. I took off the cover but were I'm having a problem is separating the storage cover from the lid in order to get to the gages. I removed all the screws I can see but, it still is not separating or even budging. Is there something I'm missing. Need help.

I own the same exact model. As far as I am aware you remove the gauges from the top. There is a chrome ring part 11 that will more then likely brake a tab or two when you pull it off from around the gauges. Then under that if my memory serves me correct there are some more 5.5mm screws to remove two or three. Then on the back side of the gauges is the electrical plugs.Gauge.JPG

I own the same exact model. As far as I am aware you remove the gauges from the top. There is a chrome ring part 11 that will more then likely brake a tab or two when you pull it off from around the gauges. Then under that if my memory serves me correct there are some more 5.5mm screws to remove two or three. Then on the back side of the gauges is the electrical plugs.View attachment 46193
Thanks. It wound up being all I had to do was just pull it straight out from the front. Came right out. A bit to easily if you ask me. I really didn't anticipate it coming out the front hence why I posted this question. But thanks for your reply.

If your digital display messed up, I'm willing to bet it was just your digitizer film. Those are cheap to buy, and are replaceable on these units. I did it, but it involved cutting apart that gauge cluster. If you're throwing that cluster away for a bad digitizer, I'd gladly pay for the shipping to get it. My boat could use one as my plastic cracked.

Sorry I had sent it out to be refurbish. Call Mark Aldenderfer 985-210-2873. He fixes them and a really fast turn-around. Mine was water damaged led not working 1 needle was missing needed clear lens replacement and some other things as well. All for $440.00. Better then New. He's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back