2002 GTX 4 Tec starts then stalls.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

daddy2025

Put my 2002 GTX 4 Tec in the water and started right up. After getting it off the trailer it died. It continued to start and the die until it wouldn't start anymore. Pulled the machine from the water and recharged the battery. Put it back in the water and now it will start again but will stall after a couple of seconds. Going to change the fuel pump filter this weekend. Any other idea's as to what the cause might be.

Thanks in advance.

It could be many things, but before you pull the fuel pump. Consult your service manual and perform a fuel pump pressure check. If you don't have the manual, you can download it for free at seadoomanuals.net

You might also want to check the ECM for diagnostic trouble codes that are stored in memory. That may help guide you in the right direction.

When the ski shuts down does the information center go blank as well?

It could be many things, but before you pull the fuel pump. Consult your service manual and perform a fuel pump pressure check. If you don't have the manual, you can download it for free at seadoomanuals.net

You might also want to check the ECM for diagnostic trouble codes that are stored in memory. That may help guide you in the right direction.

When the ski shuts down does the information center go blank as well?
I will start again and look at the information centre but if I remember correctly it doesn’t go blank. Don’t recall seeing any codes as I looked though.

I’ll check the pump pressure before pulling. I do have a copy of the manual from another thread I was looking at.

Thank you for your response.

Back