2002 gtx 4 tec running issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlonewolf1967

2002 sea doo gtx 4 tec 155. starts and idles fine but as soon as I go to give it throttle it sounds like it goes right to the rev limiter. have a candoopro and only code is a TOPS fault which has already been fixed. sems the tops has been a pain in the ass for a lot of people.
anyways installed brand new plugs 2x and swapped out the coils to known good ones. reset throttle, good compression x3. ski ran great last year and properly winterized. kinda baffled and leaning towards a bad ecu AGAIN as it was replaced last year. any suggestions where to start ? someone said possible fuel pressure but I have not checked it yet.

I would doubt it's a fuel pressure issue since the pump supplies that pressure the fuel rail; fuel only enters the combustion chamber when the injectors open, and the ECU controls the pulse width of each injector. Of course you can always check the fuel pump pressure; it should be 44 PSI.

If you have a Candoo; pull up your throttle position while the ski is running at idle, and the watch it when you hit the throttle. I have two 2002s, so we can compare readings. We need to correlate throttle position to RPM values. Well, that's where I'd start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back