2002 GTI LE acceleration problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gt2003

My girlfriend just purchase a pair of 2002 GTI LE sea doo's. We were out on the lake with the kids yesterday and one of them wouldn't accelerate after a bit. It smelled like it was flooded. In fact, you had to hold your thumb on the gas or it wouldn't start. Then, you could go slow but it just wouldn't respond when you gave it throttle. You could hear it periodically try to kick in and go but it never got there. There was also whitish/blueish smoke coming from the exhaust. Last weekend, I was riding it and it would bog down but as long as I let off the gas for a second, it would then kick in and go full speed. What should my next step be? Does it sound like a flooding issue? Thanks in advance, Greg

I've had the chance to read around a bit. Would the 2002's have the problem with the gray colored fuel lines clogging up the fuel system?

One more thing. After the PWC sat for a while, it began acting fine again. Any advice/ideas? Please give me an idea of where to start. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back