Strangest problem seadoo gti le

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

joeyjojo

Strangest issue I've been having lately. I can only get my seadoo GTI Le 717 up to speed by turning the gas to off for a second while on WOT. The motor will lean out and rev up and I quickly turn it back to "ON". Then it will run fine until I return to idle. It will run fine until half throttle then start over fueling. Popping and loading up I think it's over fueling because if I even touch the choke it will die. I rebuilt the carb same problem. So I bought a brand new mikuni carburetor same problem. I've checked all the fuel lines blown them out. Tank vent is good. I've checked compression 135 in both cylinders. Change spark plugs to brand new ones numerous times. Any ideas?

Does the new carb have the correct jets, needle and seat, pop-off spring and screw settings?

Does the new carb have the correct jets, needle and seat, pop-off spring and screw settings?
Yes all checked. I thought about putting a shim under the spring to lean the mixture out before it pops off. Should do the same thing as turning the gas off for a second.

No, you clearly have something wrong so don't just start doing things the wrong way.

Back