2002 Challenger Merc 240 efi pee hole and overheat alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canlab

Where is the pee hole on a 2002 Challenger with Merc 240 efi? When should water come out of the pee hole? Also did these boats come with an overheat alarm? What does it sound like?

Where is the pee hole on a 2002 Challenger with Merc 240 efi? When should water come out of the pee hole? Also did these boats come with an overheat alarm? What does it sound like?

Ok the hole that spits out the water I believe is the bilge pump. And it only spits water once you get enough inside the boat. If it's not spitting. Check your bilge pump. You should also have a switch to turn it off or on. Most are automatic and are activated by level of water inside. Hope that helps.

The pee hole is on the stern, usually a brass fitting. Make sure your fitting and hose are not clogged by bug debris. It will cost you a piston.
You may not get pee water on a hose unless you have a LOT of pressure/flow. Water should flow whenever the boat is in the water with the engine running. The higher the RPM, the more flow.

Overheat alarm is a beeper in the helm. By the time you hear it, it may be too late.

The pee hole is on the stern, usually a brass fitting. Make sure your fitting and hose are not clogged by bug debris. It will cost you a piston.
You may not get pee water on a hose unless you have a LOT of pressure/flow. Water should flow whenever the boat is in the water with the engine running. The higher the RPM, the more flow.

Overheat alarm is a beeper in the helm. By the time you hear it, it may be too late.

This is your best answer here - I believe the "pee hole" you're asking about is for the cooling system not the bilge.

On my 2002 X20 it is on the port side of the Stern or just to the left of the center of the boat if you are standing behind it looking forward. It is a brass thru hull fitting probably about 3/8 or 1/2" hole? Mine was plugged recently and because I was at home and not on the water I took the hose off the back where it T'd off the engine and blew air from my compressor through it and a ton of bugs and crap blew out. I would suggest checking this often to keep it clear from debris.

Now when in the water even at an idle there is a flow of water coming out of it as throttle increases I believe the pressure behind it also does but I just bought the boat and it's still to cold for me to get pulled behind it so I'm not positive the pressure increases with throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back