2002 seadoo 2000 merc 240 efi.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Is gearing available for differential from engine to jet pump? Merc 240 efi runs great but no impulsion. Ouch for grinding noise. 2002 challenger 2000 with merc 240

So mechanic sez no compression on #6 and not worth rebuild. Anyone with an engine? everything else works great.
Don't forget-
Look for 2.5L outboards at junk yards. These 2 stroke engines are now being scrapped. You might need to combine 2 engines to make one runner.
The drive splines are different between outboard and jet. Nobody knows why Merc did that.

Wow so I saw 2 2.5 engines on ebay. How hard is it to adapt drive splines? or do you have to use 2.5 jet pump?? I have to convince mechanic to work on. He said new Head for 240 would be $9,000. Sorry part is when it began to make noise on the lake we shut it down and we had compression in each cylinder. Now mechanic stated the #6 spark plug was ruined...wasn't ruined when we pulled and put a light down into cylinder. Uggh

So....
Is the problem in the gears or the engine? The gears have not been known to be a problem as long as they have oil and no water in the gearbox. Have you drained the gearbox oil and checked for glitter? Glitter is never good.

Spark plug ruined??? Or did he mean cylinder bore? Time for a second opinion.

Compression should be checked -
On the trailer.
Wide open throttle.
With a fully charged battery.
All spark plugs out.

A little greedy on a replacement powerhead.
Remanufactured Mercury/Mariner 200 HP Carbureted/EFI V6 2.5L Powerhead 1992-1999 | eBay

So finally spoke to mechanic when I picked up boat. He states there is a hole in #6. And replacement OEM engine is $8,400. and labor to install is $2,000. So the boat is toast I guess. Anyone need for other parts? The jet pump is good - everything else is good - starts right up but makes horrible noise.

2002 Challenger 2000 240EFI starts up but has hole in #6 piston. Everything else works as it should. make me an offer. Trailer included All titles in order. Can't get anyone to fix - this was an awesome boat.

Attachments

• left front.jpg
    left front.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 10
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 10
  • left rear.jpg
    left rear.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 10
Back