2001 seedoo gtx di jerking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seemed great in my driveway. Test twice in driveway before rave change and it jerked both times. Changed the rave unit out Ian's tested 2 times up to 7000 rpms and no jerk. I put it back on the lake this morning and it jerked. Your thoughts. Maybe valve not opening correcting? Rpms dropping a few hundred

Last edited by a moderator:
Something still has to be going on with the air system, the raves, or the compressor itself. I suggest checking the compressor itself by measuring the air pressure. Also check the rave solenoid. I think we narrowed it down to something not functioning with them. Make sure they are not leaking. Since you had some split hoses I also suggest replacing them all. Could be another leak.

Earlier on you mentioned the solenoid cycling though 2 twice and when I was out I heard it clicking twice after turning it off. I just ordered a Rave solenoid. I will replace the hoses as well.

Thanks for the info.

Just received the rave valve solenoid. I am going to install tomorrow. While waiting I decided to do a compression test. Close to the end of last season it was 120psi in both cylinders. Yesterday I got 120 in the one closest to the front and I got all different readings from the one closest to the back. They ranged anywhere from 75 to 100. I have a new gauge but I am going to get another one just to be safe. That said I tested multiple times and the front registered over 110 every time and rear never past 100. I brought this ski 1.5 years ago and the seller indicated there was 117 hours on the "New engine" installed in 2012. The machine only read 117 hours when I bought. The machine was not driven from 2014-2016. So I am assuming they rebuilt the top end in 2012. I have put 20 plus hours on it. Should I be considering a top end rebuilt and if so just Pistons, rings, and gaskets? I have never done it before but I am handy and willing to dig in if its worth it? Any thoughts would appreciated
Thanks

Let's wait until you get an accurate compression gauge before we talk top end.

When you take the compression test. Plugs out hold throttle wide open. Machine should beep signifying it's in flood mode and not firing the fuel injectors.

Let us know if the solenoid changes anything.

New soldiod installed, cleaned rave valves. Still 120 and 95. I just put a little SAE 30 in each cylinder and retested. 130 and 130Psi.
About 2 hours later 125 and 120Psi. Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back