2001 lrv . Two beeps starter turns for a sec then dead

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudds67

Hey guys vjust as the title suggest.when battery is nconnected it just does 2 beeps two times and then when I try to start it it just sounds like the starter turns over for 1 sec . Then nothing . And keeps repeating the process ..
Idoes anybody ever had this situation or knows any suggestions?
Thanks in advance..

I have a 98 GTX LTD that the starter rotates about twice then stops and restarts, about every third one it tries to crank. If it is warm it does better. I haven't found the problem yet. I have a new battery and solenoid in it , so only thing left is starter or maybe the brains!

Probably the starter. The brushes inside the housing can wear and not make good contact to the armature. There are 2 in there and one of them is probably not making contact thus the quick turnover but won't continuously rotate.

The on and off crank is typically due to a bad battery. Then move on to connections, cables and finally starter. Also make sure you can turn the engine all the way over by hand with the sparkplugs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back