2001 gtx di voltage regulator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wlong1957

I was checking output voltage to the battery with the motor running. There seems to be only 12.1v at the battery while the engine is running. . Prior to starting the battery was at 12.8v. The seadoo runs well and starts without issue. I changed voltage regulator with a used regulator from a neighbor and the voltages were the same. I checked the stator and I got 23v ac off the yellow wires. My question shouldnt the output from the voltage regulator be somewhere in the 13-14v range.

Do I have two bad regulators or iis the 12v output a normal variation

I would appreciate any inpui

Thanks.

Did you rev the engine to see if it changed, as RPMs increase so should the voltage, up to around 13.8V +/- and few 10ths. If it stays in the low 12Vs something is not right.

Was there a reason you changed out the voltage reg to begin with?

Yes, I reved up the engine. There was no change in the dc output at the battey. I ordered a used voltage regulator on ebay today. Hopefully the 2nd one I tried was defective as well. I was reluctant to get an aftermarket one from china. Ill try the next one this weekend. As I stated earlier the stator is putting out ac volts . So other than the regulator what else could I check.

Thanks

Sounds like a regulator.
They should output 13.5V.

I would not trust used electrical parts from anyone but Westside Powersports Seadoo.

Back