2001 GTX DI - ~300hrs...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

can128

Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the forum, looking forward to all the insight and opinions!

I just sold my 1994 GTX ($2,700 CDN with trailer) and have had my eye on the 2001 GTX DI (Red and Black model to be exact). I've heard good things about these machines, as far as general reliability is concerned.

The one I am looking at now is a 2001 GTX DI with approx. 300hrs and a rebuilt motor at approx. 250hrs. Cosmetic condition is pretty good, no sun fade, lettering on sides of the ski and seat are all in tact, just some normal scuff marks for the year and hours.

The asking price of this machine is $3,750 CDN with a Triton Trailer and cover. Please give your opinions as to what I should be paying attention to with this model year machine and amount of hours it currently has with the rebuilt motor.

Cheers,
Mike

I just sold a 2000 GTX w/carb 951 for $2600 w/trailer... hmmm... are prices here that much lower?!

I'd stay away from the DI and RFI for a 12+ year old ski... when those parts break / fail, it's not pretty or cheap... carbs seems to be cheaper in the long run / more durable. Obviously the DI/RFI has advantages, but after 12 years anything can go, and cost...

Triton trailers are generally aluminum and considered the best. I'd love to get an aluminum double axle with torsion and brakes... that would be sweet.

Prices are definitely higher in Canada. So your basically recommending to stay away from the 01 DI... Hmm.. Didn't really want to hear that.

Thanks Anyway!

I sold my 2001 GTX DI to my brother-in-law a few years ago and regret it (because he won't sell it back to me!). It was a great machine and very good on gas (30% better than carb. model). Yes, I've heard that it could be expensive to repair, but the only repair ever needed so far was a solenoid after 160 hours. I've been looking for another 2001 GTX DI recently, but didn't find one I liked enough and ended up buying a 2002 GTX RFI--Same body, but 20 less HP. I like it, but wish I waited to find a DI. I didn't want the newer body style with the rounded front and fins on the back because they seemed "less fun". I see the one you are talking about on Kijiji. If it was closer, I'd probably take a look...but the high hours would make me think twice. Once an engine is "rebuilt", does that mean it should last a long time or is it just buying some more time?

SeanL - I didn't end up going with that one on kijiji. Aside from the fact that it was 4 hours away from me, the high hours and rebuilt engine helped me with the decision making. If the machine had much lower hours I probably wouldnt have minded the 8 hour round trip.

All in all, the model year I'm looking for is that exact one posted on kijiji; 2000/2001 GTX DI or Carb with the Red, Black and Silver colours... In my opinion one of the nicest Seadoos made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back