2001 gts poping fuses in rear electrical box

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlonewolf1967

I have a 2001 gts that keeps popping the 7.5 amp fuse in REAR electrical box when I rev it up. brand new voltage regulator, swapped out a good known voltage regulator, changed stator and flywheel, grounds are good. swapped out mpem with good known working one. no vts on this model so ruled that out already. it will idle no problem but as soon as I rev it up it goes pop. if I disconnect the voltage regulator it wont pop. I have tried 3 regulators that I know are good and the stator I know is good too.
GOT TO BE SOMETHING SIMPLE IM OVERLOOKING HERE.

It might be a silly question, especially since I haven't looked at a 2001 GTS wiring diagram, but are you sure it's not supposed to be a 15A fuse? Most of the diagrams I've looked over have a 15 amp fuse in the power circuit. The only reference I know of for a 7.5A fuse in the rear electrical box is the VTS circuit, which you don't have. Again, I'm not familiar with the GTS or it's wiring diagram, just a thought.

sir you are absolutely correct and I am a moron... just looked at wiring diagram and it is in fact a 15 amp fuse... and hopefully that solves the problem.
I am now going to proceed to slam my head in a door... lol...
thanks for making me look at wiring diagram
was working on a 97 gsx and they had a 7.5 amp fuse in there and there was also a 7.5 amp fuse in this electrical box also so that's what I went with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's that easy! I just know that my 96 XP had a non-functional VTS when I bought it. The previous owner had just replaced the VTS motor, but it didn't fix it. In my troubleshooting, I had found the 7.5 amp fuse for the VTS was blown. I guess it stuck with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back