2001 GTI pop-off psi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdenney11

Currently rebuilding a single carb on a 2001 GTI 717. Followed the carb rebuild sticky. Replaced needle seat valve with a 2.0 that the chart called for and reused the spring that was already in the carb. It’s dull silver spring. The chart calls for a pop off pressure of 36-40 and it’s currently popping at 25 psi. Based off of a Mikuni spring chart I found I would have to use a 1.5 seat with the black spring to achieve a 38 pop off psi. Can anyone confirm this before I order different parts and change out the original spring please. Thank you

P.S Not sure if it matters but the motor was rebuilt by previous owner. Otherwise I’m pretty sure it’s all stock. The reason for rebuilding the carb was a hesitation around 1/4 throttle that would sometimes kill the ski.

The chart isn’t always correct. Your ski takes a 2.0 needle and 95 gram spring that doesn’t come in the kits. This would be around 25 psi.

Make sure your accelerator pump is squirting as that can cause your hesitation.

The chart isn’t always correct. Your ski takes a 2.0 needle and 95 gram spring that doesn’t come in the kits. This would be around 25 psi.

Make sure your accelerator pump is squirting as that can cause your hesitation.

This is the information I was going off of originally. Is the 2.0 seat and 95 gram the original carb equipment. This one has definitely been gone through before so wanted to make sure previous owner didn’t put the wrong parts in it.

Attachments

• 5B709DB6-8E08-4F69-B78F-5AEDFFAE4FDF.jpeg
    5B709DB6-8E08-4F69-B78F-5AEDFFAE4FDF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back