2001 challenger 2000 engine compartment?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

doowork321

Hello there, Newbie 101 question here. How do I open the engine compartment on a 2001 challenger 2000? I have pulled on the lever under the driver side hood thing. But it still is not popping up for me. The boat has been sitting outside since 2007 and without a cover for 2 of them years, and under an oak tree in Florida. So it is dirty and weathered. Anything special I need to do to get her to pop open? thanks in advance

That should work...i would try to use 2 people...1 pull the release and the other kinda pull up on the hatch.

The hatches on these boats don't "Pop" like the hood of your car. AND... if it's been sitting... it could be a little stuck.

Have someone hold the release (don't pull too hard, or you could break the cable) and then give the deck lid a good yank. It should open.

Your struts could be weak, the cover may be out of alignment, or there may be something wrong with the latch. Mine was the same way until I replaced the struts. Now when I pull the handle it pops open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your struts could be weak, the cover may be out of alignment, or there may be something wrong with the latch. Mine was the same way until I replaced the struts. Now when I pull the handle it pops open.

I've never seen one pop... but... I always work on old stuff. (lol)

Funny story... when I did my Islandia... I had the struts off so I could open the lid straight up. When I went to open it, months later for the engine install... I forgot... and I thought something was broke. So I fought it for 10~15 min, and finally had the wife come hold the latch, so I could give the lid a good pull. After doing that... I remembered that the monster lid on the islandia weighs 300 Lbs, and without the struts... there was no way I was doing it with one hand. (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
appreciate all the info here guys! nasty weekend here in FL so Im gonna try and see if i can get time to mess with her this week. Ill keep updating. It opens from the inside right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back