RESTO 2000 xp Oil tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2kXP

On my 2000 xp's I bought this year there is a male end hose connector on the top of the oil reservoir but no hose connected to it. Is this just a breather tube or something more important that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Also, I pinched off the line to the bottom of the tank when I took it off to clean it out because I didn't know what oil they used. When I re attach it do I need to bleed the line

yes, you'll have to bleed the line, the XP however you may be able to get the bubbles out just by jiggling the oil line.

by jiggling the oil line do you mean once its all attached with new oil in the tank to just shake the line and the bubble should come out up through the tank. I didn't even remove the oil filter, just pinched the line with a vice grips right below the oil tank. Im not too familiar with the oil injection systems. could i just pull the line right before the filter till some oil drains out and re attach it or will that leave a bubble in or past the filter? when I pulled the line to begin with no oil came out because I kept it vertical so i can't imagine there is even that much air in there to begin with. Sorry if i am over complication this process i just don't want to blow up my motor over an oil change.

Thanks!

The way to bleed is to connect everything. Then there is a 6mm (i think it's 6mm) nut on the front of the oil pump. you loosen it (do not remove) and oil will come out. You do this until there are no bubbles in the oil lines. XPS-2 is pretty runny, just letting the setup sit over night usually clears stuff. There is a spring in the XP oil lines to keep it from kinking, that loves to hold air in it. If you remove the zip ties I just kind of wiggle it all around to get all the air out, then zip tie it back in place.

Or, you can connect everything and just jiggle it until you don't see any bubbles.

You can always add oil to the fuel tank to, if you really want...

Did you replace the oil filter? now would have been a good time since it's all apart... If you don't know the oil they used, I would definitely replace it. Mixing some oils causes them to gel and clog the line... and 2 strokes without oil don't last long. on the XP it's really easy to get to.

Ideally the old oil was tan or red in color. That's XPS-2 oil. which is what the manual says to run in the 951.

It was blue which I think is amsoil. I put rotax 2 cycle in it. The screw I found was a Phillips screw and when I took it out I let it run till the blue was gone and the red was coming out. Is that correct?

Blue oil id TCW-2 and will not mix with the API-TC. You have to replace that fuel filter. There is a very good chance it will gel in the filter like Sqrl said. Don't let a $8 filter destroy your engine.

I already have one on the way I was just hoping to take it out this weekend but I will just wait. Thanks for the help

The best thing you can do for your ski: get it back to stock with new or like new parts.

Everyone wants to "add HP" or bolt on this or that... but for 95% of us... stock is where it's at. Clean and in working condition.

Sure you bolted on 20HP, but I'll drop my skis in, ride all weekend, and do the same next. I'm not willing to spend hours at the dock tuning. And I like going 200-300 hours between rebuilds on my 951s.

Stock my 02 XP hits 68 on a GPS! (no fuel, downhill, etc.)

Look for rusty hose clamps - all the OEM ones are 100% stainless and will have zero rust.

on the XP you have to grease the carrier bearing under the shock in the back.

that's about all I have for now... love my XP.

I love mine already. I didn't look it over enough when I bought it unfortunately. But I am slowly going through everything and replacing seals and what ever doesn't look right and doing service that I don't know if it's been done or not. I wanted to get more power at first but the more I ride it I realize it's great the way it is. I think I will re do old fuel lines though. Only other thing I have been wondering about is how to get more hook up on choppy water but even those upgrades seem minimal.

Do you have any suggestions for getting the grime out of the hull. I don't want to power wash. I let some degreaser sit in there for a while and it helped but is still dirty

I know an intake grate alone won't do much on choppy water but if anyone has suggestions on grate, impeller and whatever else I need to get more Hook up or if it's even worth it

The "purple stuff" is Castrol Super Clean in a purple gallon available at walmart. It is the best thing you will find to clean the hull. I avoid getting it on the engine and pipe because it can take the gloss off the paint. I Super Clean everything but the engine and pipe then use simple green on the engine and pipe.

I use everything full strength. I let it sit about 5 minutes and scrub what I can with a small nylon brush.

Too bab that brush won't fit under the engine so when you drop a bolt your whole arm isn't covered in grease trying to fish it out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back