2000 xp limited how to check engine alignment? Rave valve o-rings different sizes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattXPL

2000 seadoo xpl 951 carb. Is there a way to check engine alignment without taking the jet pump out? I have a new side engine mount to install and want to make sure she is lined up. Also I cleaned my rave valves and replaced the 2 rubber o-rings on the shaft of the valve but they were 2 different sizes? The part manual shows the same part number for each o-ring. Are they the same size?

The rave valve o rings should be the same and fit snugly...Were the rings you replaced brand new ones? Or were they old ones? The old ones usually get bigger and more brittle, new ones should be very flexible and like I said fit snugly on the shaft

The one behind the housing was in ok shape but not snug, the inside o-ring was snug, light brown and looked old. I put two new snug o-rings back on.

There are two, one at the bottom of the shaft and one inside the rubber bellow under the spring and little plastic washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back