2000 seadoo xp is leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
well fix it dear liza dear liza,
sorry, couldn't resist...

start by giving more info....
WHERE IS IT LEAKING FROM ???

drop it in the water, take the rear cover off and look and see where its coming from, water can come in from many places. Then we can help.

How about the accordion shock boot for the seat. Mine was split in multiple places couldn't tell by looking at it until I grabbed it and moved it up and down.

water pump? You mean between the jet pump and hull?

OK, I guess I'll have to break this down.

Get it on a trailer out of the water.

Hook a hose to the back of the ski, it will screw on.

start the engine FIRST.

Turn on the water.

run ski for 1-4 min MAX. looking for water to be filling the ski.

TURN WATER OFF.

TURN ENGINE OFF (in that order. because I said so).

Is there water in the hull? Yes? Cooling system leak. let engine cool down a while, repeat above looking for the leak.

No Water in hull?

Ok, leave the engine off, drain plugs IN. Tilt the ski to the back (nose up). using a hose SLOWLY fill the back of the ski w/water.

Everything is water proof, just don't shoot water high pressure at the VTS box.

fill the ski up to and over where the driveshaft meets the jet pump (carbon ring + stainless washer thing).

does it leak? where is it leaking from?

photos also help if you can't describe/name a part, just get us a pic of it.

I have this same ski, so we will find it. Also, does your bilge pump work? Do your scuppers? (black things on the very bottom suck up water when the ski is on)

When accelerating the carbon ring lets water in, but these things pump it right back out.

When your ski is full of water (2nd test) take the key OFF and push start. This should run your electric bilge pump for 33 seconds. does it? does it pump water out? it should pump almost a gallon in that 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back