2000 Seadoo Islandia 240 Won’t go above 15 MPH @6300 ROM with a load

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat18

So here is the issue.
With 9 people, coolers and crap, I couldn’t get above 15 mph at 6300 RPM’s
(2 times out on the lake)
However with 7 people, coolers and crap, I can Get 28-35 (choppy water pending and also, only one time, first time we had it on the water with a load since we bought it)
When Its just two of us we run 45-48 MPH and just myself a consistent 48. (Again on clean water) Trim tabs are installed. Is there a special way I need to position passengers and cargo, Trimtabs? Or am I looking at a problem here.

Have you considered the actual weight of 9 people? I know there is seating for 12, but how much do those 9 people weigh?

Check the pump for junk. Look in the nozzle and up into the intake tunnel.

2001 seadoo islandia spec : That's average 150 lbs per person. Extra cargo, fuel, water tank full, add ons, etcs can easily drop your #of people down to 7-9. Especially in America. These boats were made and spec'd in Europe where the average weight of people is much lower than in the US so the # of people can be very deceptive.

If you still have issues after asking people their weight noting that people clothed weight with shoes and life vest will be higher and you still have the issue you may need to start bringing a scale to weigh people.

Maximum capacity :1,800 lbs
Maximum people :12

Yeah I think you guys are right... We were all probably 1600 lbs total. I’m traveling for work now so will check the jet pump more in-depth for debris and get it back out on the water this weekend. I’m going to limit back to 7 and see what it does. I will give an update as soon as I get it in the water and run it.
Thank you guys for the reply

Yeah I think you guys are right... We were all probably 1600 lbs total. I’m traveling for work now so will check the jet pump more in-depth for debris and get it back out on the water this weekend. I’m going to limit back to 7 and see what it does. I will give an update as soon as I get it in the water and run it.
Thank you guys for the reply

6300 rpm is a little high, which makes me wonder if you have an air leak on the intake side. You may need to check the o-ring on the front side of the wear ring.

Ok so boat started to get off the trailer, but wouldn’t start after people loaded up and was ready to head out. So didn’t get a test with 7 people however jet pump looked normal.
went back to it today to start to trouble shoot not starting and low and behold, it fired right away. Decided to take it out and see how it cranked in the water and it was flawless. Ran it for about an hour and it ran great! Also checked RPM’s at full throttle and stayed steady at 5900 and MPH only got up to 40 however it was a little rough And was pretty windy. So I’d say for now I’m good to go. Thank you guys so much for the help and advice. I’ll get back on here if there are any more problems

Whodat18 I would like to know how yours runs with more people on it. Im having the same issue and was wondering if it is just how the boat sits in the water with all the people in it. Or if the engine is being choked out by the exhaust system or an air problem.

I have a 2004 islandia with the 250 optimax doing the same. Its betting worst to the point that wont pass 15mph even with 4 people...

any insights?

First... make sure that you put some people in the front seats. That will help get on plane.

BUT........

With the engine getting to 6300 rpm... and such a slow speed... sounds like you need to rebuild the pump. You are cavitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back