2000 Seadoo GTX DI Millenium Edition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me to an issue I am having with my son’s 2000 Seadoo GTX DI Millenium Edition.

Over the winter we dismantled the engine, rebuilt the top end, and replaced the compressor components, fuel pump, and miscellaneous parts that were worn. The air and fuel injectors and were cleaned and electrically ohm out the same. The engine fires right up and connected to a garden hose idles fine/smooth. The engine will rev up fine until it goes into maintenance mode. The internal diagnostic code is stating an overheating problem. Both temperature sensors have been replaced and the wiring was tested with no breaks in the lines.

Are we overlooking something?

Is being tested using a hose not the right thing to do and should it be water tested?

Could a water test possibly clear this code out?

The scan tool is expensive and we are not having any luck finding a Seadoo dealership that will support something this old.
If someone knows of an honest place in Connecticut that could diagnosis this would be helpful as well.

Thank you for any guidance you can give us.

Mike

You can only run it on the hose for about a minute or two or you will overheat the driveshaft seal.

Also what fuel pump did you buy as the aftermarket ones are not correct for this ski and can cause issues?

Thank you for getting back to me so fast.
I do not have the information on the pump readily available but it was for the DI model and seems to be holding good pressure.
So a water test might be the next operation?
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back