2000 seadoo challenger 210HP non-EFI fuel pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was out tubing with my boat yesterday and after stopping for lunch it would not start.
It would just crank like the tether was not connected.
After initial troubleshooting I found that the fuse for the fuel pump was blown.
Replaced fuse and my starting problem did not change but the fuse did not re-blow.
Power was tested and the pump is getting 12V.

Question is where can I get a new pump and does anyone have a P/N?
Is it the same as the EFI model?

Thanks,
Mike

The engine has 2 pumps. The 12v pump is just the "Lift Pump". It does the same thing as the bulb on an outboard. So, it only pumps while cranking, and pulls the fuel up from the tank. The pulse pump is the main fuel pump, and it's totally mechanical. I've never really seen that one fail... except when it sits for a long time and the diaphragm gets hard.

Because of that... and knowing your engine just ran... did you check for spark on all 6 plugs?

Tony,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I did not check for spark. What would have caused it completely stop, a fuse?
I will check it out tonight.

With the fuse blown on the lift pump should I replace it?

Mike

Tony,

You were correct in your diagnosis. I do not have any spark. In your opinion what should I look at first?

Thank you for your help.

Mike

Sorry for the delay. I had a bunch of meetings yesterday.

Yes... there is a fuse for the ignition. But you could have a chaffed or cut wire. BUT... more likely... you had a key switch, or safety lanyard switch go bad. If you go back on the engine... you will see a black wire with a yellow trace that comes up to the coil packs. Unplug it, and check for spark. DO NOT try to start it with that off. It's the kill wire, and works by grounding the coils. SO... without it... you can't shut down the engine.

Tony,

Thank you for your assistance. After further testing it did end up being the ignition switch.
Replace it and the boat fired right up.
Just in time to winterize it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back