2000 Sea Doo Bombardier GTS ... oil injection, premix, or both ... and what ratio?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I bought an old 2000 Sea Doo Bombardier GTS. The owner never used it so unsure of the oil injection, premix, what ratio, etc. I have years of experience with old mercury and johnson 2 stroke outboards, as well as dirt bikes and yard tools. Have not heard of oil injection AND premix. Can someone help me understand how this fuel and lube system is supposed to work, premix ratio, and how to confirm things are working right? Thanks!

You do not need both.

If the oil injection is working make sure you are only using API-TC rated oil, not TCW-3 outboard oil.

Thanks mikidymac! It came with a gallon of Quiksilver TCW-3. I will save that for my johnson outboard and buy this one or another you suggest ... QUICKSILVER Full Synthetic 2-Stroke PWC Marine Engine Oil, 1 Gallon | West Marine

Based on posts on this forum, the general sea doo mix ratio is 40 to 1. I assume this 2000 Sea Doo Bombardier GTS is no different.

I need to figure out how to confirm the injection is working. Any suggestions?

And on a different not, is there a way to run this model on a water hose? It looks to be a possible inlet to right of the jet, likely needs an adapter for use with a hose, and not the easiest to get to.

Appreciate the help!

I would use the Lucas 2-cycle oil.
Only this one though as they make some that are TCW-3 and not the correct API-TC
s-l400.jpg

You will need to completely drain the oil tank and block as well as change the inline oil filter before putting in the correct oil.

You need to make sure you have all the oil lines connected and the oil pump intact with the actuation cable.

For premix 40:1 is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back