2000 GTX Digital Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

28corey

Hi guys

just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem with the digital display, it is not activating when i put the key in, i'm getting the beeps but no visual. The needle speedo on the right still works. i have checked all the fuses, changed the battery...
Any Ideas. Thanks

Digital display?

When you say digital display, I'll assume your talking about the info center. I was wondering if it's completly dead, or if you have some functionality. With the lanyard removed, push the start/stop button. The MPEM should send power to the display for about 30 seconds. Does this work?
If you have a complete power failure to the LCD, check the fuses at the MPEM. I know you said you did that but I'm just going over the steps listed. Also, as one last thing to look at, on the back side of the display panel, the purple wire is your 12 vdc power wire. The black is your ground. With a test light or voltmeter, do you have power to the display?
Usually, before a LCD (liquid crystal display) goes bad, you'll see a portion of what's being displayed go blank.
Look into the things I've described above and get back with me. The more detail you give me, the more I can help.

GTX info center trouble

Thanks for your reply, nothing happened when i tried the start/stop, nor was there power to the wire...

i'm hoping the lcd doesn't need replacing..
any other suggestions

How much does it cost to replace the lcd/info centre.

Thanks
Corey

Power?

When you put your lanyard on, your saying you get no beeps? You should hear 2 beeps when you connect your lanyard. If not, then the problem isn't in your LCD......which by the was cost a few hundred bucks to replace. You may have a problem with your lanyard or post.
Let's go over this step by step. When you put your lanyard on, do you get two beeps? If not. Remover the lanyard key and press the start/stop button 5 times. You should hear one long, one short beep. Then attach your lanyard and push the start button. If it doesn't start, then you should hear a series of beeps. Write back and let me know what you hear.

GSX 2000 electrical problems

Im sorry i didnt explain it very well..

when i put in the lanyard, i get the two beeps, yet no visual display on the info centre.

It starts first go and rides fine. im just worried that i dont have the oil + petrol lights displayed..

I dont have any warning beeps after it starts, the analogue speedo works.
I have checked all the fuses. Yet i dont think power is getting through.

Any more suggestions.
Thanks Corey

LCD....liquid crystal display

Corey, I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like your LCD has bit the dust. That's a pretty high dollar item too!...:ack:
You say you've checked your fuse, the 5 amp at the mpem. I'll assume that you also checked the LCD with a multi meter for power, the purple wire being hot and the black your ground. I'm sure you've also tried your "mode" and "set" functions. If your able to determine that it does have power, but no display, then it's probably bad. The premature loss of the LCD panel in most cases is due to continuous exposure to the sun.
I couldn't find one on ebay but I did look it up at a parts store and it ran about $450 bucks....depending on where you shop.
On another note, although this info gage gives you a lot of information on the running conditions of the engine, I dont' think you can damage your engine. The LCD will tell you if the engine runs hot or low fuel etc...but, and although I couldn't find a direct answer to my query, I dont' think you can damage your engine without it. The panel is just that, an info center for you to use. If there's trouble with the engine, one of the many sensors that monitor the engines conditions will shut the engine down or go to limp mode if something goes out of spec.
Your not the first one to post with this problem. There are a few others. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back