2000 GTX DI magneto cover removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nfdmedic

I may have to replace a flywheel on a 2000 GTX DI (947 engine) Can the magneto cover be removed without pulling engine? Can hear starter spin but not cranking. Think either bendex is messed up or a tooth on flywheel. Either way Magneto cover needs to be removed. Trying to do without pulling engine. Is it possible. Havent seen the ski yet, it is a friends, Trying to give him an idea of the cost.

You definitely need to remove the exhaust pipe. At that point you may be able to get it. The front motor mount may be in the way. But if you are not familiar with the engine, I would suggest pulling it out to get good access. Use the opportunity to replace the oil injection lines, inspect the cooling hoses, etc.

If it were me I would pull the engine. This way you can get at it more easily as well as fixing anything else that you might find.
Would be a good time to change the oil filter, replace lines, check motor mounts, rebuild starter and a host of other things that could possibly come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back