2000 GS wont rev all the way up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2000 GS has a weird problem. Engine starts right up in the water and idles fine. The engine will rev up to about 4500 rpm, this is a guess as there is no tach, and stay at that speed. If you can get the pump out of the water it will rev up to top speed and stay there until you let off the throttle. I bought it two seasons ago. It ran well for the first season and before the second season all the grey fuel lines were replaced along with the fuel selector. It ran great last year but developed problems at the end of the season. This last spring I've replaced the wear ring, changed the pump oil, replaced the carbon seal, rebuilt the carb with a mikunki kit, replaced the oil tank, replaced the engine relay and coil, had some water in the electrical box. Compression stands at 125/125, but I'm not sure about that number. The cheap compression tester I use is more of a pass/fail. According to the MPEM the ski has 116 hours on it. It has a 717 engine with a single carb.

I'm thinking this is a fuel problem and I'll probably end up going back through the carb. Could this be a problem in the pump? There was some water in the pump oil when I changed it. Maybe some of the bearings are bad? Any other ideas?

If your pump bearings were gone,,,usually you will feel a vibration on the rear part of the hull,,,,nibroc is correct, 125 seems low,,,are the plugs dark?,,,that could also indicate poor compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back