SOLD 2000 Challenger 2000 240 EFI, bad gearbox (taken off market, trying to fix)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mgoheen

We have a Challenger 2000 that appears to have a bad gearbox. That part is not available and is cost prohibitive to replace (for me). The boat itself is in fairly good condition. Some notes:

The engine itself was completely replaced about 5 years ago. The oil pump died and unfortunately the person who borrowed the boat attempted to start up the boat again after the overheat alarm and it blew a piston through the crankcase. So the engine itself was replaced with a rebuilt block (and that's when they found that the oil pump was bad, so that was replaced). In addition, the impeller was also found to be beat up, so while they had the boat that was also replaced. The engine control module was also replaced a few years ago. I just reupholstered the rear seats last year, which came out pretty well and also replaced the sundeck cover (I have the kit for all the remaining upholstery). The trailer had new tires installed two years ago and is in fair shape (wasn't inspected this year, but was last year).

There are some other known issues with the boat (e.g. problems turning right, fuel gage doesn't work, some of the running lights don't work) but these are minor comparatively.

The marina where the boat is won't give me anything for it (other then waiving their diagnostic time charges, so a couple hundred bucks), so if you want this boat, make me an offer. I can send pics if you really want them, but the boat is currently about 45 minutes from my home so unless you are offering something significant you'll just have to take my word for it.

Where are you located? If you can could you send me you recent pics without making you take a trip to the marina.

Back