2000 challenenger 2000 performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

country327

I have a challenger 2000 with the 240hp mercury m2 engine and was wanting to know if there were any mods for the boat to get a little more low end and top end power. I just bought the boat, and it is my first boat so any help would be appreciated. It will currently run about 48 mph with 3 adults but I would like a little more, especially on the low end because the boat seems to be slow to reach plane with a wakeboarder or tuber.

I don't know of any performance parts for the engine, but there are a couple of choices for an impeller to give you better acceleration and hole shot. As far as the engine goes I would recommend leaving it stock. If something goes wrong you're looking at about 13,000 to replace it.

Mercury performance high skew part number 47-883796T01. Your dealer should be able to order this for you.
Solas performance impeller is part number MC-CD-22/39.

Do some Google searching, and talk to your dealer for pricing.

I have not used either of the impellers yet so I can not give you a personal review, but from what I have read they will both give you significant hole-shot improvement and mid-range acceleration. Be aware though, you may lose a couple of miles per hour on the top end with both impellers.

Hope these help.

Aaron:cheers:

thanks for the help. can anyone send me a link for a place to buy a mercury m2 240 hp efi engine just in case I should need one in the future.

If you do some Google searching you can find a rebuilt power head for about 3200 (13,00 is what a dealer will charge you). Just don't take it to a dealer, all they ever want to do is put a brand new engine in for the Mercs. If you do any mods make sure you report back as to what you do and how it worked out.

Give this link a look for parts and prices.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=10926

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back