2000 240 merc smoking after warmed up and hard restart.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok update. After I messed around with the tps and the trigger(got a better reading afterwards at around 1230 ohms) put it all back together and fired it up. Smoke is almost non existent compared to before and it seems like it actually runs smoother. I'm going to buy a new battery and take it out this afternoon. I think my tps was just out and not broken. Hopefully that was the problem and I'll update when I can

Sounds good, you could have had a bad connection too. Corrosion is a nasty thing, make sure you have no green on any of those connectors. If you do, clean it good and apply some die electric grease! Be sure to keep us updated so it can help anyone else reading this thread with the same issue!

Well resetting that tps seems to have helped. It starts now after its hot had it out for roughly an hour and I killed it . Fired it back up started weaker that normally but actually stared this time. I'll take that for now I guess. Has anyone heard of the actual ignition going bad in these?

Hey cbjustdooit, try cleaning your throttle bodies. I have been told by a merc mechanic that if they are dirty, they will cause stalling and idle issues. If nothing else, it's good mainanence and it's free! Just your labor to pull off the intake and clean em! Let me know if that helps. ,

I've had (kind of) the same issue on my 2004 Islandia with 240 EFI. I have not replaced my engine temp sensors yet but I did find out that the TPS part number has recently changed and is now only $120. Here's a pic and a link to my thread. If you guys can read my post and chime in.... https://www.seadooforum.com/showthr...-Gen-2-HELP-needed-running-rough-5800-rpm-WOT
118.jpg

Thats not the same tps as ours. Our part number is 148512 and is still $500 if you want the oem part. You can use another tps from most 2.5 mercuryout boards and just swap the connector. Only differance is mine reads up to 10 volts wot which is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back