2 trailers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKETHESNAKE28

Hello,

I was wondering if you can hook up a PWC trailer to a boat trailer. And if so, how do you do it? Thanks for any reponses.

Thanks for your time,
Jake

you can, attach a hitch or 2in square box to end of boat trailer. Problem will be, is backing up, also, on the highway, better have class-A, with doubles endorsment. I'm think'n though, the first trailer, to be legal, needs to be a fifth/gooseneck attachment. In NV, they have triples, so first is fifth/gooseneck, then two tag trailers....

you can, attach a hitch or 2in square box to end of boat trailer. Problem will be, is backing up, also, on the highway, better have class-A, with doubles endorsment. I'm think'n though, the first trailer, to be legal, needs to be a fifth/gooseneck attachment. In NV, they have triples, so first is fifth/gooseneck, then two tag trailers....

Ok, thanks for the reponse. Is there any pictures of this or anything? The boat is 17 1/2 feet long so an extra licence might be needed. Thank you.

Jake

Jake, if you can weld, use the boat trailer as a base, then build top deck hold'n the skis, using 4 uprights on eyeloops, with winch mounted to front, to lower on pulley design. Or cut the "A" part off boat trailer, entend it, and depend'n on length of skis, turn them sideways a bit, just keep'n them inside fenders.

Nope, can't weld. :ack: Is there any way you can just put a ball hitch on to the back of the boat trailer? I would be fine with that. Thanks for your help dude.

sure...as long as outdrive/pump..etc aint interfering, then for support, run a bar from under first cross support of boat trailer, to the back, passing anything obstructing so, you have movement/travel with ski trailer. Can use u-bolts to attach the stock to crossmembers....

The boat is an SX175 with an in/outboard motor. So there is props and stuff in the way. But maybe I can get enough clearance if the trim is up. Thanks for the help!

i would build a rig with 2 reese-type recievers. one on each side of boat trailer. then make a hitch that would slide into both. that way you could pull the pins and the hitch is out of the way. get to ramp. unhitch ski. unhitch hitch. back boat into water. dump boat trailer. hitch up ski. don't even think of trying to back up with both connected. if you have to back up, you have to dump the ski and get turned around and rehitch ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back