1999 XP Limited, new to my stable!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalef62

Just picked up a 1999 XP Limited, almost new cover and Load Rite Trailer. The 951 needs a crank but the seller said everything else worked prior to the boom! It is tore down, he had it a shop, and the bearing is gone on the PTO connecting rod. The ski is in pretty good shape and the trailer looks good except someone painted it black to match the ski, with a brush :rolleyes: I need to know who has the best cranks at the best price, I am also not afraid of a used crank either as I do not plan to beat this ski too much...

Also, the trailer, as I said, was painted and I can not find the data tag. Does anyone know where they are located on the Load Rite trailer? Was it just a sticker? or is the vin stamped into the frame somewhere.
Thanks for the help!!
Dale
PS. What is the approximate value of the ski and trailer?

You may want to check multiple places, a lot of people on this forum have their own personal opinions about each vendor, but I personally use SBT for most of the replacement parts I need, as they are only about an hour from me, and I usually get my stuff next day via regular mail if I order it early enough.
But you can try SBT, FullBore, SES, and I'm sure others will chime in.
go to www.shopsbt.com for starters to get an idea of price points

and to be honest, value depends on season, your location, and whether its in good/sound mechanical shape, or needs a motor, also, condition of trailer, as some people don't mind paying anywhere up to $4-500 for a pristine or new trailer, all the way down to $100 for a POS trailer.. and when you're talking late 90's skis, when you're only looking at $1,000-$2,500 value, a running ski vs one that needs a motor can make a difference.

For example, back a few years ago (2010) I bought a 1999 Yamaha GP760 in decent shape but motor was blown, but the trailer was MINT, I paid $400 for the whole thing, and when I chose a seadoo instead of rebuilding the Yamaha, I sold it in the same condition, yet half torn apart with carb parts in a bag, for $800 down in the keys.. So, location matters as well. if it were running, I may have gotten $1500 (high end?), so as you see, the price can almost double for a running ski

99 XP. Blown engine. No trailer title?

$450-550 depending on condition of ski.

You get it running, $2500 mid summer. $1800 end of summer.

Ski is in nice shape other than the blown engine. There is a title to the trailer but I am looking for the tag on the trailer to verify the VIN. All gauges are said to work...

if you paid between $450 and 800 you did fine. if there is a title to the trailer don't worry about the tag (usually its a sticker) but I have had several with no stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back