1999 Speedster Oil Hydrolock

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nman729

Hello, I have a 1999 Seadoo speedster 787 that is now hydro-locking with oil. If I let it sit for a day it is very hard to start and the plug closest to the cockpit fouls up and gets wet with oil (the one towards the back of the boat has no problems). If I let it sit for more than about 2-3 days, it will hydro lock and I have to empty the oil out (very messy).

It didn't do this at the beginning of the season, and seemed to happen after I cleaned the RAVE valves and replaced the oil line filters. Could this have anything to do with Oil line filters or Rave valve cleaning? Or is this due to a failing inner crank case seals?

If this is the inner crank case seals, how would I go about fixing that? I was thinking about putting a valve on the oil line to shut it off when not in use. Which line should I install the valve on and how long can I go without replacing the inner crank seals?

Thanks everyone!

From what I have read, you normally need a new crank as the seal wears the crank.

Many put the valve in-line and run it like that for years. That said, yours is leaking by faster than most.

I know for Chevy V8 engines they make a sleeve that slides over where the crank Seal wears out the crank. Not sure something like that is available for the 2-strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back