1999 Speedster. Found crack in fiberglass near battery tray.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toyextuh

I was just looking over my boat engine compartment and a found a crack along the bottom near the battery tray. There's no damages to the outside of the hull, is this something I should be concerned about? I just had my motors rebuilt and it doesn't look like they'd be in this section during the build, so if its been like this, I've driven the boat 2 or 3 times without problems of leaks. Boat hasn't been driven yet ever since build was done because it's winterized now and bringing it back to finish motor work first week of spring. Pressing that crack is soft to the touch or "flexible" whereas the other sections are hard.20221108_063556.jpg20221108_063624.jpg20221108_063556.jpg20221104_104330.jpg

The safe bet would be just to repair it or have it repaired. My guess would be something stressed it (don't see impact damage from engine install) so if the area is left weakened like currently, whatever caused the initial damage will make it worse.

The safe bet would be just to repair it or have it repaired. My guess would be something stressed it (don't see impact damage from engine install) so if the area is left weakened like currently, whatever caused the initial damage will make it worse.
Thank you very much for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back