1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX coil low voltage problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dpendle

I recently bought a 1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX with a bad starter to fix up. After getting the starter replaced the ski started right up and ran just fine. It started one more time and I let it run for a while running water thru it to cool. The next day I tried to start it again and it hasn't started since. I checked the carburetors thinking it may be a full issue and they were clean. I then checked the plugs and they didn't seem to be firing so went ahead an replaced them with no luck. Next I checked the voltage going to the coils and noticed I was only getting 0.40 volts to them and I assume they should be getting more than that but can't verify since I can't find a shop manual. Assuming it was a CDI problem I went ahead and bought another used off of EBAY. Replaced it and I am still getting the same voltage to the coils. I also tried a different voltage regulator as well. Any help with what to do next would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back