1999 GSX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingi017

I picked up a 99 GSX not too long ago and just recently started messing with it. With that being said, Everything seems pretty clean for it being 24 years old but I can’t to figure why I can’t get any power! I’ve checked all the fuses and they seem to be good. Except one that was blown which was the VTS. Any tips that would help ?

If your battery is good, start by making sure the dess key works and communicates with the mpem. You should be getting beeps when the key is put on the post unless the beeper is broken.

If i am not mistaken, there is also one thin small ground off the mpem that need to go directly to the battery neg. post along with the main heavy starter ground. you may have forgotten to attach it.

if your dess key and post are working....make sure you are getting 12v to the mpem. ......after that ......see if you are getting 12v to the solenoid.....if not, your mpem is done.

I not sure this has been asked, but are the gauges coming on when you install the key? Sometimes the beepers are bad.

The bad news is that the VTS fuse is blown. It’s really common on these for the VTS system to go bad a fry the MPEM. To start unplug all of the VTS wires and don’t reconnect them until you find out the MPEM issue.

Even without the DESS and lanyard the instruments should wake up just pressing the start button a few times if the mpem is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back