1999 Challenger starter.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dklswh

I have a 1999 challenger 1800, bought it with one engine not starting, no click nothing, if you cross the solenoid it will turn over so i ordered a solenoid and still wont turn over when i push start button, is there a fuse anywhere or could it be the push button.

I have a 1999 challenger 1800, bought it with one engine not starting, no click nothing, if you cross the solenoid it will turn over so i ordered a solenoid and still wont turn over when i push start button, is there a fuse anywhere or could it be the push button.
Did some checks, port side start switch has 11.6 volts, Star board has .36 volts, is this a ground issue or MPEM, with dess out and push start buttons neither tach moves.

You are going to have to give us time to respond. Some of us have lives outside of the forum so we do the best we can.

62 people viewed it, and no one had any idea.

Little more info would help when you're trying to solve a problem. Not many on here have a Challenger, usually the members that have the particular boat/ski will be the ones to respond.

BTW - The rectifier is related to charging, it has nothing to do with starting. You had to have charged the battery or replaced it, simply putting the rectifier in you didn't suddenly get 12 volts to the starter button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back