1998 speedster only gets fire to one engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Trigger Coil STATIC TEST : CONTINUITY 1. Disconnect the stator / trigger coil plug at the engine magneto cover. Connect the 6-pin mag- neto test harness (P / N 295 000 136) at the engine. DO NOT connect the other end at the boat's harness. 2. Connect the multimeter leads as shown (BK / YL to one meter lead, YL / WH to the other lead). Resistance should be approximately 242 ohms (± 10%)."

Did you check the service manuals thread to find yours or a boat similar to yours? lets get this thing running

Anyone have a test harness they want to sell/ loan? Its virtually impossible to get test leads back there to the appropriate pins. Only room for one arm and you cant see shit

Oh and this may be significant!....... When I unplug the trigger coil harness from the non running engine and plug in the lanyard, I get 2 beeps. With the harness plugged in I get absolutely nothing, even though the other engine cranks..... hmmmmmmmmm

You don't need the harness. Think outside the box!

Get 2 red butt splice connectors. Lightly crimp 1 end. Disconnect the harness. If you're looking at the front of the engine it's the top left pin and the one below it. Insert the butt connectors. Use your meter to check the resistance. It should fall in the required range if it's good. The ONLY pin that should have continuity to ground is the 3rd pin on the left column. If ANY of the others do you have a short.

31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for taking the time to post that, that should be very helpful.

What do you think of the boat only beeping when that harness is unplugged?

Possibly something broken in the mag housing? Not sure what to think yet honestly. Test the stator while you in there probing. That's the right column. Check continuity across the pins. Top and middle, middle and bottom as top and bottom pins. Then check each one to ground. None should have continuity to ground. But all three should have resistance between each other.

The procedure is on the manual, PLEASE read it to make sure the info I gave you is 100% correct. I can't stress enough if you don't have the manual you need to download it. All these procedures are in there.

Ok Update: I wasn't able to get the damn connectors to stay on the pins to check the trigger. Sat up all winter.

Recap:

-No spark to left engine
-No beeps when left mag is connected properly/ 2 beeps when connector is removed. Right engine starts either way.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back