1998 seadoo sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WakeProject

Just bought this boat with the twin 787's. Getting fuel but spark is weak and they won't start. Rev limiter problem?

spark is never super strong on these. and there's no revlimiter... as such. Did you check compression?

Update: Got the port side motor running but no luck with the other, just cranks (has spark and good compression). Looks like someone has been in the carburetors, how can I test them before pulling and rebuilding?

Can't really "Test" carbs. But if you pop off the air box, and dribble a little premix fuel in each... it will start if everything else is OK.

Another thing you can check is... just make sure there is fuel coming up the hose. .

Everything else must not be ok.. I keep coming back to the carbs (I think they were recently incorrectly redone) so I pulled them off today. Even if the carbs were not getting fuel to the motor the starter fluid should've made it do something? I'll make sure they're rebuilt correctly and see what's happens.. I appreciate your response

I don't like starterfluid for 2-strokes (no oil in it) but yes... if the engine is OK other than the carbs... it will start on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back