1998 f250 sat for 10 years.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noviceskier

Saw a truck thread and decided to post my story of the gasser f250 I got for free!

1553287652364.png
1553287670847.png1553287685083.png1553287701947.png
Welds broke on the pads lol, chewed up one of my new rotors but I repaired and replaced everything brake wise.1553287746939.png1553287757744.png1553287775428.png

There's a whole list of what i done to it but I was only able to use the pictures I have on my computer. lmk if you all have any questions about this f250. I tow hay and car haulers down East tn mountain background everyweekend, very good truck.

You got to give us more of the story than that, especially on a Free Truck.

Funny you don't see many of those in that body style. I wonder if the production numbers were low with the Super Duty getting all the sales.

Pretty much what was happening a farmer came in to the body shop I worked at and after they recieved their vehicle (04 f150.) They seemed enthusiastic about cars so we begin chatting. When their dad died he had a junkyard full of 60s-late 70s in a forest. But thats later in the story.

Pretty much his 80 acre farm needed to be gutted of everything they thought was junk, sadly they didn't know what they had so I made some pretty good gains off of it. In front of the garage sat this f250. Me being me casually asked what they wanted for it. Pretty much they wanted it off their property.. LOL

Told me it was bad motor (it wasn't) someone reversed cables and fried engine harness. Easy fix.

yeah pretty much the only thing f150 is the motor, body, and wiring. The rest has been tinkered with and reinforced.

Onto the junkyard, a lot of cool rad and farm repairs done to them all. My highlights summarized is.

1960 apache c40 with 62 impala trans and 283, this is pretty rare to find. Flatbed dually all it needed was rear drum brakes rebuilt and of course fuel system rebuild. Carb was rebuild rochester 2gv rebuilt with the marina rebuild kit.. funny find. I have the rebuild on my phone but its broken and hopefully my pictures are still there. Got it running for him since it had perm title and in return I was able to pick from the lot.

What I got was a
67 impala 4dr hardtop 454 auto
71 monte carlo 454 auto
41 buick special 8 straight 8 (inline six with two more piston and funky pistons)

What he also had was his dads golden car. We got into a chat and he was talking about how back in highschool his dad drove him to school in a "clown car" with the ginormous wing. Immediately I knew what it was and had to find it in that junkyard. What I had found was a 70 plymouth roadrunner color code 999 corporation blue with white interior. Sadly I was not able to keep the car and was sold to a private seller.

That was pretty much what 2018s summer consisted of.

I had the supercab body style in the 1/2 ton. Loved that truck. Actually had a bed big enough to haul sh*t. It had almost 200k on it before I let it go and bought newer. What a mistake, the Triton 5.4 three valve I bought was a complete POS.

Last edited:
I had the supercab body style in the 1/2 ton. Loved that truck. Actually had a bed big enough to haul sh*t. It had almost 200k on it before I let it go and bought newer. What a mistake, the Triton 5.4 three valve I bought was a complete POS.
Honestly I don't know what ford was thinking with the 3v my 2v loves anything I throw at it. 205k on it rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back