1998 Challenger Carb settings (twin 717)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoolover1238

Hi everyone!

I'm nearing the completion of a carb rebuild on both my 717's for my 1998 Challenger. I have been using this link and matching up the engine model and year for my carb settings but my friend advised me not to since these are jet ski's. Does anyone know the carb settings for my speed boat? Pop-off pressure, high speed and low speed adjusters. I've looked everywhere and tried to buy a manual but i don't have anything

Do you guys think that I can use that link as a reliable source for my carb settings?

Thanks in advance,
Seadoolover1238

In your carb rebuild,,,other than clearing/cleaning out the pilot orifices,,,if you just replace the needle and seat with what was there,,,and if you replace the spring with what was there,,,and ONLY USE ORIGINAL MIKUNI parts,,,for the gaskets and diaphrams,,,you should be fine,,,make sure to clear out the return orifice,,,it is tiny,,and can get plugged,,,

Last edited:
In your carb rebuild,,,other than clearing/cleaning out the pilot orifices,,,if you just replace the needle and seat with what was there,,,and if you replace the spring with what was there,,,and ONLY USE ORIGINAL MIKUNI parts,,,for the gaskets and diaphrams,,,you should be fine,,,make sure to clear out the return orifice,,,it is tiny,,and get plugged,,,
Thanks for the advice, but I had to get rid of the needle valve and seat because they were too corroded. I reused the spring and lever arm and it was already really close to 40psi, so I adjusted both my carbs to that pressure. I just want to know if that was the right call.

As for the needles, I know the high speed adjustment is 0 turns, but does anyone know how many turns the low speed is on these boats?

Thanks!
Seadoolover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back