1998 951cc oil pump?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasmax

Hi everyone, new to the forum and to seadoo. I am looking at buying a 1998 seadoo gtx limited. It has a new motor, put in 2006. It has low hours on the new engine. The engine was replace because it threw a rod. I have been doing some research on the 1998 951cc motors and i have been running across mentions that the 951 at full throttle the oil injector (pump) can't keep up and keep everything lubricated causing engines to blow. They mention the fix is to adjust the pump for more oil at top end. Can anyone fill me in or correct the statment of the lose of oil at full throttle? thank you all

Believe it or not!

Wow, that sounds like a question for Ripleys believe it or not!......

All funnies aside, I don't think that is a true statement. I havn't seen any one riding the 951 in the forum, encounter this problem.

If anything, the oil pump for your specific ski, may not be producing the flow as it should, either because it's gotten old and in need of rebuild or isn't adjusted properly. There is a test you can perform with a graduated cylinder and a stop watch, to see if the oil pump is providing the proper volume at variable rates for the engine.

There is another test you can do. Start the ski, turn on the water and manually open the cam on the oil injection pump 100%. Within a minute of two, you should see the ski start smoking really bad. If it does, then that means the variable rate is working.

If you are worried that it isn't working correctly, then add a premix to your gas. Most you can do is foul plugs.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back