1997 Speedster Engine won't rev

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan84

Hey guys,

First time poster and looking for some advice. I have owned my 97 Speedster for 6 years and purchased from original owner. Boat has been trouble free and an absolute blast. Recently my starboard motor starts fine and revs clean up to about 3500-4K RPM's but then stumbles and will not rev any higher. I can still get the boat to plane out but it struggles a bit with the 1 engine not pulling as strong as the other. Compression is 145 on both cylinders. Checked/Swapped Voltage Regulators. Swapped Coils and Wires. Tried new Spark Plugs. Every once in a great while it will all of the sudden open up and crank to 7K just like the port side engine. The front cylinder spark plug is noticeably richer than the rear cylinder which is also a little rich but not bad. With a single carburetor what could make one cylinder run richer than the other? (Assuming I have taken ignition out of the equation by swapping everything). Carburetor is off for a rebuild now but should I be checking the Rotary Valve for wear - could that cause the symptoms I'm having? Thanks in advance!

-Keegan

Any 717 experts out there?

Can a bad MPEM cause this issue with one engine running fine and the other not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back