1997 Seadoo XP High RPM-but struggles to plane out.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ploppy69

I’ve got a 1997 Seadoo XP that has an issue. The last few times Ive taken the ski out it really struggles to get up on a plane. The engine is getting high rpms at full throttle but it takes a good 15-20 seconds before enough speed is built up for it to get on a plane. Once it begins to plane, the engine RPM drop slightly and the acceleration is very good (RPM increases again once it starts getting going). Top speed around 47mph. It rides perfectly once its on a plane but takes forever to get there.

Not too sure what my issue could be, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ive tried playing with different trim settings, but that doesn’t seem to help. With two people it’s impossible to get it to plane.

I know the engines good. 150psi compression on both cylinders. Sparks good and air intake is clean. I put a new carb kit on when I first got it.

You have the 787 right? If so might want to look at your rave valves. They help transition the mid/low range to high range.

Back