1997 seadoo speedster seat removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ivbrow

Hello everyone!
I bought an old 1997 seadoo speedster to restore. Got the engines running good, cleaned it all up and now I’m working on upholstery. I cannot seem to figure out how to the bottom of the spotter seat is held in. (The U- looking section) does anyone have any experience with this? I don’t want to rip it out and break something if I don’t have to. Thanks for any help in advance! -Ian

The last Sea-Doo boat with a keeper seat I tore apart had 4 ( I think)fairly heavy stainless steel screws that were screwed in from the bottom of the horseshoe piece. These screws must have been installed before the two halves of the boat were put together. After you get the square butt piece out you might have to drill a 5 inch access hole under the square piece or enlarge whatever hole is there to reach in and remove these screws. It's a b****. In the alternative, you can protect the fiberglass seat base and Sawzall these screws out. Either method leaves you with the problem of reinstallation. I have had success with velcro, or a two-piece male female button connector system. LMK if you need more help.

The Spotter Seat is held in place by three long stainless screws. They can be accessed by opening the ski locker, lie on your back, reach under the the seat mount, locate the screws and remove them. It's been a while since I did this so whether the screws were hex head or phillips head is lost in my memory banks Much like the back seat bottom and back this a horrible design. The shop manual shows a pry bar being used to remove a Spotters seat that is screwed in place.
a
ad

Back