1997 seadoo gtx electrical problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys need help befor I call in the mechanic I have a 1997 seadoo gtx iam haveing some electrical problems or something so I put in a fresh battery and it dose not beep wen I sick the key on it says battery low It says gas is low then its starts and then I drive it for 5 minutes it shuts off and kills the battery I dont know much about it I have olny had it for a mouth this is the 3 time it has happened to me not sure wat to do iam not very mechanically inclined when it comes to this or using an electrical tester

Sounds like a short. Could be a problem with the charging coil. Download a copy of the manual and check the resistance on the wires coming off the mag. Also do you have a battery tester?? Test the rectifier. You need a multi-meter. They are not difficult to read.

Hey guys need help befor I call in the mechanic I have a 1997 seadoo gtx iam haveing some electrical problems or something so I put in a fresh battery and it dose not beep wen I sick the key on it says battery low It says gas is low then its starts and then I drive it for 5 minutes it shuts off and kills the battery I dont know much about it I have olny had it for a mouth this is the 3 time it has happened to me not sure wat to do iam not very mechanically inclined when it comes to this or using an electrical tester

Provide an update on what you've done and checked, experts from every corner of the community on these 2 strokes have provided you input already.

34 replies on Facebook on this issue...and another 15 replies checking your fuse block on the rectifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back