1997 SEADOO challenger no start/Possible bad MPEM?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteboats

Hi all. I just purchased a 1997 SEADOO Challenger. It dose not run and has been sitting for years. The guy that sold it to me said it needed a new computer. The boat is very clean and the motor is not seized. I'm a handy guy and it seamed like a great project. Especially because he was selling the boat and trailer for $450 bucks! I installed a new battery reconnected all the wiring and checked all the fuses. I get nothing. No beeps when I connect the dess key no power to the gauges just dead.I do have power to the DESS key though, I installed a new solenoid=nothing. At this point I think the seller is right. It probably need a new MPEM. The only thing is I cant find anyone near me that works on these things or has parts for them. When I call about the jet boat they act like the thing is Taboo. Did I make a mistake getting into this? Dose anyone have any direction for me? Thanks

Yes and the MPEMs are stupid expensive for these. Westside Powersports Seadoo makes a kit to swap to the PWC mpems but again not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back