1997 GTX speedometer not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodster56

Just took my 97 GTX for first ride on Saturday, it was takingon water, someone here said carbon ring, and they were correct, 125.00 installed and we we back in the water. Only issue is speedometer isnt working, both the digital display and the gauge display, everything else works, tach,hour,etc. the lillte wheel on the back spins freely, past that I truly dont know. Another qiestion, I see alot of posts about oil gumming up, If I dont know the brand the previous owner used, should I be concerned, the tank is full, so I dont need to add any until late season at the soonest? Last question, I'm full of questions, maintence, I chanegd the plugs, but I had heard there are are zerk fittings that should be greased, can anyone tell me the location, or a link to a diagram that I can look at? Thanks for the previous advice, this forums been a huge help.....

You must have a Shop Manual.
Test the transponder at loom connector next to exhaust/engine.
Zerk fittings on drive. Read your manual, learn to search microfiche at the
seadoowarehouse link provided here.

You must have a Shop Manual.
Test the transponder at loom connector next to exhaust/engine.
Zerk fittings on drive. Read your manual, learn to search microfiche at the
seadoowarehouse link provided here.
Thank you Bills86e, how about the question I had about oil, any advice on that one???

AND YOU'LL PROLLY FILL UP THAT OIL BEFORE LATE SEASON, IF YOUR RIDING IT..... one thing you DON'T want to do is mix oil's... if you dont know what the previous owner was using, you could call em and find out... if not i would run the oil tank almost comletely empty then wait till your at the lake ready for the next ride, right before you hit the water filler up... and run it good...sometimes if you mix oils that are not compatable togather they can gum up and make a jello like substance, not to say that the previous owner was using the wrong oil, (he may have been running the BRP synthetic) but if you cant contact them and find out for sure, it would be way better to play safe than sorry on this one

AND YOU'LL PROLLY FILL UP THAT OIL BEFORE LATE SEASON, IF YOUR RIDING IT..... one thing you DON'T want to do is mix oil's... if you dont know what the previous owner was using, you could call em and find out... if not i would run the oil tank almost comletely empty then wait till your at the lake ready for the next ride, right before you hit the water filler up... and run it good...sometimes if you mix oils that are not compatable togather they can gum up and make a jello like substance, not to say that the previous owner was using the wrong oil, (he may have been running the BRP synthetic) but if you cant contact them and find out for sure, it would be way better to play safe than sorry on this one
Thanks Dave, thats kinda what I was thinking, I had heard about the oils gumming but dont know enough about it, so I think I'll do that, just keep my eye on the level and run it like ya stole it....

always...even when you know what your runnin in it... i cant help running everything i own wide open, the jeep, suby, skis, bikes, all of em... its like they start screamin when i go in the garage, like oh hell here we go again...lol, but my whole thing is if i wanted leisure i wouldnt own these toys, would have gone for the paddle boat and a bicycle...there just not fast enough to scare me... most folks here at banner desert (east valley hospital) know me by name... and outside that i can also be a lil braindead sometimes too, it gets dangerous right about here...lol, have a great summer.... you know your your goin fast enough when the tears coming outta your eyes immediately dry to your face forming a nice crust....lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back