1997 GTX - electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky300

Good day!

I am trying to figure out electrical issues... I do not have a key, so I am not sure how the ski should act... if I hit the start/stop switch, with no key, should the fishes power up? Also should the starter turn over?

thanks!!

jason

Should there be any constant power coming out of that electrical box... even if start/stop switch checks bad? I do not get any power outside the box. I can jump solenoid, and engine turns over, but I do not see anywhere power, past the solenoid...

Good day!

I am trying to figure out electrical issues... I do not have a key, so I am not sure how the ski should act... if I hit the start/stop switch, with no key, should the fishes power up? Also should the starter turn over?

thanks!!

jason

You need a key or lanyard programmed to the MPEM and a good working beeper, otherwise there's no point.

Thanks @GGuillot. I got the box put back in and was not acting right... but figuring out I had a wire backwards, I was able to at least get power to the front of the ski... so you are correct- time to bite the bullet and get a key

thank you!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back